Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cupcakes

My little Diva-in-training and I made Halloween cupcakes this afternoon.  (Thanks mom for the cute cupcake liners!)  Anyways, we made the cupcakes with the world's easiest recipe (see below) and I thought I had Halloween sprinkles to decorate them with.  Turns out I didn't...and a melt down ensued....and so from the throes of my desperation I reached into the darkest corner of my pantry and dusted off the....Christmas sprinkles!!  That's right, these are Nightmare-before-Christmas halloween cupcakes!  And we all lived happily ever after.....

Recipe for the World's Easiest Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 can of pureed pumkin


Mix together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.  Voila!  Put into cupcake tin and bake as per instructions on cake box.


 How easy is that?!  Also, better for you as you get some vegetables snuck into your day.  They don't even taste like pumpkin, they just come out all moist and fabulous.  No eggs, no oil, just pumpkin.  I made my own frosting with lite cool whip and light whipped cream cheese and its pretty good.  For Eva, I just used regular canned frosting.  Thanks to one of my best friends, Donna Randall, for this fabulous recipe! :)

3 comments:

  1. Eva is so cute! We loved this recipe. Jeremy ate almost all of the cupcakes himself without icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva is extremely cute in that photo! I also like your cupcake idea, I wonder if it would work over here. I found some canned pumpkin in a specialty shop that sells American and English foods. I just need to see if they have American cake mix in order to have the right proportions. I also bet that I would like your cream cheese frosting better than the canned stuff! Yum!

    ReplyDelete