Saturday, May 19, 2012

Freebies and Sweeps

  I love getting stuff for free.  That being said, you do have to be willing to give out your basic information such as email and a mailing address.  Any of the freebies offered on the websites and blogs I mentioned in my couponing 101 post are usually trustworthy.
   I have won or received lots of great beauty products, Dove ice cream bars, Old Orchard Blueberry pomegranate juice, online comic book magazines,yogurts, and probably a few other things I just can't recall at the moment. :)  I haven't won a major sweepstakes yet, but I play when I can.
 Also, my neighbor is a couponer and she enters regularly to throw house parties for companies launching new product.  It's cool because they will send you coupons and freebies and you get to share them.  She has had our family over a couple of different times, once for a Chef boyardee party, and for several different beauty product parties.  (Mainly shampoo and conditioner) 

You can also go to the websites of the big box stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, etc. and look around for free samples.  Each year one of my favorite freebies is the Target beauty bag mailer.  It is stuffed full of coupons and travel sized beauty products in a cute little make-up bag.  All free.  Here's what's left of mine, some of the product has been used and the coupons are in my binder, but you get the idea:


So give it a try and don't be scared, most of the time it is legit- especially if the info. has been posted on my website or one of the ones I spoke of before, as we all test it out first!

I remembered one more site I check regularly: weusecoupons.com.  If anyone has seen the show Extreme Couponing on TLC, the guy with glasses that was on when it first aired, this is his site. 

Good luck and if you win- remember who told you about it and share the wealth! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment