Thursday, May 31, 2012

New York Trip and the Jensen Voice Competition

My trip was great!  I sang really well, didn't win anything, and had a fantastic time living the young, single-life with my brother, David, his girlfriend, Sophie, and Zane. (David's roomate)  Highlights of the trip were definitely the Museum of Natural Science where we got in for free and had a guided tour by one of David's friends who works there.  Also, our day trip to Yale College in New Haven was fantastic.  Lots of great food, I gained 7 pounds in 5 days!! Impressive I know....
So I think its safe to say that the theme of this trip was food:
The Melt Shop makes life changing grill cheese sandwiches and designer tator tots with amazing dipping sauce.
 Here is my grilled cheese with truffle oil, yes that's right, truffle oil!  So good!!!
 Here is David tearing into a piece of cake, his favorite food. is sugar.
 I may have accidentally smashed the cake in a turnstile in the subway while transporting it....hahaha!
 Kaia Restaurant-African Bar and Grill
 Really weird bird-seed like dipping sauce that is actually quite tasty...
 Baked lemons, they were gross.
 Lamb curry in a bread bowl with various dipping sauces, just ok.
 Dave in front the of Natural Science Museum.
 David and Zane eating monster ice cream cookie sandwiches from Insomnia Cookies.  Amazingly delish!
 I celebrated my b-day while in New York and my brother brought this back for me for my b-day, from Africa, where he was doing some humanitarian work,  (total loser, I know:) 
 Its a traditional african gift basket and inside was an african necklace and bracelet.  Cute huh?
 Sophie and Zane being dorks...
 Sophie and Dave on the train to New Haven.
 Me and Zane on the train to New Haven.   Trying not to barf from motion sickess and the heat.  That train was hotter than the gates of hell.....
Me, Dave, Sophie at Yale.
 Green Room in the library at Yale.
 Tiffany stained glass from the early 1900s in a classroom at Yale.
 Gorgeous.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment